Over the last few days there has been massive flooding in Serbia and Bosnia.
Some have been killed and thousands have had to leave their homes. Graduates, students, former Bible School team, their friends and churches have also been heavily impacted by the floods.
Sinisa in northern Bosnia explained yesterday, “It is a catastrophe here. I am in a village near Banja Luka helping with the clean up.”
Sladjan, leading the Bible School said today, “This is a tragedy on the scale of the aftermath of a war – may our people seek after God at this terrible time…”
Kreso in central Serbia said today, “The ground floor of our home has been under 1.5m of water. The water is receding to leave everything caked in mud. Many of our neighbours are in great difficulty…”
Sasko and Ira explained, “We would like to… provide the families with the basic things that will help them go back to normal life again, but even more importantly, our hope is to continue visiting these families and share the Good News of our Lord Jesus Christ with them.”
We are going to prepare a fund to send to those helping those caught up in the floods in Serbia and Bosnia. As is our usual practice, all of the gifts that we receive will go in their entirety out to the Balkans to be used by those on the front-lines.
We will divide any gifts received between the following groups to use in relief work:
- BANJA LUKA (Northern Bosnia) – Sinisa and Olja – Banja Luka Christian Fellowship
- SARAJEVO (Central Bosnia) – Slavko – Evangelical Churches of BiH
- HUB (Belgrade – connected across the region) – Sladjan and Jaroslava and the Bible School team
- BELGRADE (Serbia Capital) – Sasko and Ira – International Church, Belgrade
- BELGRADE (with interest across the rest of the country) – Dane & Ondrej – Baptist Union of Serbia
- NOVI SAD (Northern Serbia) – Danny and Vera – Novi Sad Christian Fellowship
Please pray on for those caught up in these floods and for all of those seeking to serve their neighbours and point to the Lord Jesus.
– Andy and Faye Mayo
Please use this link to reach details of how to give. Please reference your gift, “flooding”.